Do you have strong expertise in Anti-Money Laundering, Sanctions and Anti-Bribery and Corruption, combined with knowledge and understanding of the international (institutional) banking environment? And would you like to have a say in the acceptability of the bank’s largest and most complex clients?Wat ga je doen? Waar ga je werken?
As Compliance Advisor, you will be part of the Compliance team that supports the bank’s business. The team provides guidance and advice on the full range of Compliance topics and monitors the business’ adherence to the regulatory and policy requirements.
The position available in the team reviews the KYC / client acceptance files prepared by the business and provides written and verbal advice to the business regarding the risks and acceptability of the clients. In addition, you will contribute to various activities and projects aimed at improving the maturity of compliance risk management by the business in the aforementioned topics. What do you see when you envision the next step? Work on achieving your goals and develop yourself professionally and personally. Tell us your story. We want to hear it!
This position gives the opportunity to move on from a 1LoD position towards a 2LoD function. In your daily work you will :
- review KYC / client acceptance files prepared by the business, to assess compliance / client integrity risks, including money-laundering, sanctions, bribery & corruption and tax evasion;
- provide advice to the business as to the acceptability of the clients. At onboarding stage, during periodic reviews and for event-driven reviews;
- attend and participate in Client Acceptance committee meetings to explain Compliance advice / viewpoints to the business;
- provide ad-hoc advice and guidance to the business on AML/Client Acceptance related matters;
- liaise with other experts within Compliance and other functions (e.g. Legal, Tax, Sustainability) in providing appropriate advice to the business;
- assist in the effective review and implementation of new policies and procedures;
- participate in projects and initiatives;
- provide training and support to the business to continuously enhance awareness and understanding of AML and client integrity related risks and regulations;
- be a coach and mentor for other team members and take a role in the further development of the team.
You have excellent verbal and written communication skills. You enjoy working as part of a team and are good at working with others. You have a high level of self-knowledge and want to keep on developing and improving. You are change-orientated and like working in a sector that is constantly evolving. Finally, you have keen analytical skills enabling you to get to the heart of a problem quickly and draw the appropriate conclusions. You are able to put things into perspective.
- You have at least 4-5 years of working experience, preferably in a 2nd line Compliance function in the field of Client Integrity, AML and Sanctions in the financial services sector.
- You have the ability to identify and clearly explain regulatory compliance risks.
- You have a Master’s degree in Business, Law or other relevant field.
- You have strong knowledge of rules and regulations and bank policies on AML/CTF and Sanctions, including the Wwft and the Sanctiewet.
- You have direct experience with review of KYC/CDD files for large corporate and institutional clients / complex client files with an international dimension.
- You are fluent in both Dutch and English
- You have an understanding of corporate and investment banking and associated product sets such as trade finance, transactional banking, (syndicated) lending, corporate finance, global markets and investment products.
- You are aware of and interested in the complex and international business environment in which our clients operate.
- You are a team player and contribute actively to the development of other team members.
You will be part of the ID Professionals team of Compliance Consultants. Your work environment will be at the Clients’ headquarters in Amsterdam, also you will find yourself working at other offices within the country every once in a while.
The professionals within the Compliance department have a variety of backgrounds, skill sets and nationalities. Part of the team focuses on Client Acceptance and AML, including this vacant role.
The Compliance department monitors, identifies, analyses, assesses, reports and advises on compliance risks to which the bank may be exposed. Compliance serves as the point of contact for regulators (AFM, DNB, etc.) in a number of areas, including Cybercrime, Customer Focus and preventing abuses of our financial system such as money laundering and terrorist financing.
As a reward for your good work you will receive excellent remuneration, based on experience and study background.
Furthermore you can count on professional and personal guidance, as well as access to our exclusive network, to help you achieve your career-goals even faster.
Is this your dream job, or would you like to know more about this vacancy? Please, contact Inge Havinga (06 48 60 46 52) and let's drink a cup of coffee!Solliciteren